Saturday, January 31, 2009

poetry.

I've been researching poetry lately. Basically this means that I read poems when I can, and study the what, the who, the why. I've been paying attention to the words in a way I never have before because of my interest in combining my words with my images. This morning as I sat down to read from an anthology I was struck by just how beautiful a small glimpse into a person's life can be--even the most mundane moments. There is something to be said for the slow down. This seems to be a reoccurring phrase in my life. In a world of a million miles per hour, a million frames per second, giving someone an opportunity to stop and appreciate one detailed moment is more then important, it is imperative. Is it possible that our memories will fade more rapidly because we are constantly inundated with more, faster? Maybe. Who can say? I suppose it makes me that much more compelled to create a space for these moments.

1 comment:

  1. Page,

    Your website seems to have been absorbed by Livebooks! Are you aware of this?

    Sus

    p.s. I created a blog page tonight for myself, but haven't posted anything or finished designing it...

    ReplyDelete