Monday, July 20, 2009
I've been dreaming about people from my past. People I haven't seen in a very long time. Its interesting to see the way my mind creates their faces, their personalities, the ways in which we interact. As familiar as the people are, we meet in places I've never been: restaurants, beaches, a bus with bright yellow seats. This is especially fascinating as I'm working on a project called the distance between dream and reality. diana camera. nyc.
at 8:37 AM
Friday, July 17, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
yes. hello. I've been...all over the place. Idaho, Florida, California, Hawaii. I've driven back and forth across Montana a few times. While I've been everywhere else, I've been incredibly absent from this space. I spend so much of my time in this virtual world and sometimes the fresh air and sun on my face feels oh so good. I took an extended vacation. Yesterday for the first time in a very long time I had a printing session. I decided that I needed to touch and feel my photos. So in a flurry of paper and ink I printed a ton of images and tacked them to my office walls in corresponding groups. For as little work as that was, I'm not sure why I don't do it more often. It feels productive. I often tell students to surround themselves with their work yet I don't do it enough. Do as I say...but now do as I do. what else have I been doing? playing. switching back and forth between my diana camera and my 5d. Each time, I switch I get that new toy feeling which is so awesome. what I've liked--or loved in the past few months.
- birds are fascinating. I didn't photograph them as I was assisting a workshop in South Florida and had to attend to students but watching them was fantastic.
- San Francisco and a fish eye lenses are best friends. Ohhh so much fun!
- I would move to maui. I might be addicted to surfing-yeah, I went twice but it has my soul.
- I still love my breathing underwater project which I was able to work on in maui.
- lighting storms in eastern montana.
- I love junk. yup. rusty, corroded, exploding seat-stuffing, sun bleached cars are still some of my favorite things to photograph. I'm going to have to figure out what that says about me.
- Will has taken charge of my 20D...this makes road trips much easier on me because he's into it. very fun to photograph together.
at 9:03 AM