Sunday, March 28, 2010

dream-scapes.





Perhaps it's because my dreams have been so vivid lately. Or perhaps it's because I feel like I just woke up and things around me are oddly in focus yet fuzzy, definition slipping away at the edges. Either way, I’ve been drawn to images lately with a dream-like quality. Due to the fact that I’ve been a dream machine I can say with some certainty that there are aesthetic elements of dreams that I could curl up in and lay for hours. First of all, the details of specific scenes or people are incredibly vivid while things before and after blur together like drops of food coloring in water. Why these scenes? Why these details? If they pass through my mind just before I wake up, I find myself thinking about them for hours. The location of the dreams are equally interesting. The backdrops range from the mundane to the completely personal. In the end, while I want to question the significance of every flicker I can remember, I can’t say that I’ve found a message in this nightly parade of my subconscious. For now I’ll enjoy the show and continue to allow it to influence my photography.    

The images above were taken this past weekend while on a dog walk. The clouds were just so puffy and the sky intensely blue. I was drawn to the contrast between sky and the dull landscape--just barely awake this spring. I also couldn’t resist the Mr.Rogers-esque scene looking over Missoula.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete