Wednesday, July 8, 2009

...where are you...

yes. hello. I've been...all over the place. Idaho, Florida, California, Hawaii. I've driven back and forth across Montana a few times. While I've been everywhere else, I've been incredibly absent from this space. I spend so much of my time in this virtual world and sometimes the fresh air and sun on my face feels oh so good. I took an extended vacation. Yesterday for the first time in a very long time I had a printing session. I decided that I needed to touch and feel my photos. So in a flurry of paper and ink I printed a ton of images and tacked them to my office walls in corresponding groups. For as little work as that was, I'm not sure why I don't do it more often. It feels productive. I often tell students to surround themselves with their work yet I don't do it enough. Do as I say...but now do as I do. what else have I been doing? playing. switching back and forth between my diana camera and my 5d. Each time, I switch I get that new toy feeling which is so awesome. what I've liked--or loved in the past few months.
  • birds are fascinating. I didn't photograph them as I was assisting a workshop in South Florida and had to attend to students but watching them was fantastic.
  • San Francisco and a fish eye lenses are best friends. Ohhh so much fun!
  • I would move to maui. I might be addicted to surfing-yeah, I went twice but it has my soul.
  • I still love my breathing underwater project which I was able to work on in maui.
  • lighting storms in eastern montana.
  • I love junk. yup. rusty, corroded, exploding seat-stuffing, sun bleached cars are still some of my favorite things to photograph. I'm going to have to figure out what that says about me.
  • Will has taken charge of my 20D...this makes road trips much easier on me because he's into it. very fun to photograph together.
in the spirit of travel...

No comments:

Post a Comment